Thursday, 3 March 2016

World Book Day: My Favourite Books!

Hello Lovelies!

I love books, as some of you may know and so, in honour of World Book Day, I've decided to give you guys a list of all my favourite books of all time!

So, let's get down to it!

KNIFE - R J ANDERSON
This book was given to me by my Auntie Sarah when I was about 12-13 years old, and I loved it instantly. It follows the story of rebellious fairy Knife, who befriends a human. It's a story of romance, friendship and danger and I couldn't put it down. PR Girl Rating: 9/10

BRIDGET JONES'S DIARY - HELEN FIELDING
This includes every Bridget Jones book out there. I love her. Bridget is the every woman that I want to be, with a quick wit and two gorgeous men fighting over her (Colin is my man forever.)
Definitely recommend reading if you're female, male, an alien or similar.
PR Girl Rating: 10/10 (You're lucky I gave you full marks Helen, after what you did to Mark.)

THE CONSTANT PRINCESS - PHILLIPA GREGORY
This book was given to me by my lovely Grannie, as something to read when I stayed the night at her house. My gran loves period novels and this one is no exception. Based on the life of Catherine of Aragon, this book tells the untold story of her marriages to Henry VIII and his late brother. Very interesting and full of love. I like that she is a strong woman even for that time period.
PR Girl Rating: 8/10

EAT, PRAY, LOVE - ELIZABETH GILBERT
This book is the newest in my favorites and I was hooked as soon as Liz got to Italy. It's one of those books that make you itch for adventure and there were times during reading this book where I almost bought one-way tickets outta here! Don't read while hungry. Do read if you want to find yourself.
PR Girl Rating: 8/10

CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC - SOPHIE KINSELLA
Love this book. Becky Bloomwood is far too much like me, so this book feels like my life on the page. Hilariously awkward and funny, this book follows Becky on her journey to find a job and to find love - with a few great purchases along the way!
PR Girl Rating: 9/10

So there you have it, my favourite books in honour of World Book Day.

What are your favourite books?

Thanks for reading,


Jx

No comments: