Monday, 11 January 2016

My Aspirations and Announcements for 2016!

Hello Lovelies!

I hope you're all having an amazing time over this festive period, gaining weight and watching Christmas movies, I know I am.

Today's post is almost a look into my resolutions for the upcoming year of 2016, which is a terrifying prospect, I'll be halfway through my degree and after that I'll have to accept the inevitable and turn twenty! So here's a few things I'm promising myself to do, blog-wise over 2016 and some things I'm doing this year which I'm incredibly excited about!!

1. Take more pictures.

I am terrible for writing posts and not taking pictures, this one included. But I plan to take a lot more photographs and save up for a nice camera.

2. Do some more interviews

I am in a very fortunate place right now that my journalism career is blossoming and I am hoping to train myself in the invaluable skills of being the interviewer.

3. Start looking into the business end of blogging

I am hoping to start freelancing my literary and writing services and make my little blog into a business. I know it's a big leap from hobby to empire but I am determined to do something with writing for a living!

4. To not cry every milestone I hit

I am eternally grateful for all the lovely comments and support I get from my friends, family and fellow bloggers. I am also an emotional person who cries at everything, so combining the two is not exactly the best thing. So I'm making a point of not being such an emotional wreck, and instead becoming a bit more of a celebrator.

5. Not to neglect the blog for more than two weeks

I have been so neglectful over the Christmas period and I've decided that I need to keep up with regular posts. My sister Ellie is currently putting me to shame with her blog schedule. So I'll try my hardest to be more present!


ANNOUNCEMENTS

I can finally tell you that I am in charge of my first freelance PR campaign! Finally I am working in the field I love and I get to share it with all of you!

Also I'm going to be looking into publishing an E-Book. OK, this is a big one. I want to write an E-Book for students who are going to university for the first time and need a 'big sister' to guide them through it. I hope that this will come out in July, but again, this is a big dream.




Thanks for reading!



Jx


1 comment:

Lauren King said...

Congrats lovely! Some great plans here! Good luck