Friday, 13 November 2015

Why Miranda is my favourite SATC character:

Hello Lovelies!

I know it's been a while but it's that time of year where I have three assignments due in and lots of other things on the agenda, so blogging has to take a back seat sometimes...(please don't be mad!)

Either way I'm back now and I've decided to talk to you about one of my favourite television shows, award winning Sex and the City.

I have always adored the show and watch it religiously (I'm watching season two as we speak!) but I feel like recently I have overlooked one of the main characters of the series, lawyer and mother of one, Miranda Hobbes (played by Cynthia Nixon).

Miranda's character, although sometimes viewed as a little uptight, resonates with me after I finish watching an episode.

As a hard working, successful woman in her 30's, Miranda combated having a relationship, an accidental pregnancy and motherhood - all while looking fabulous and maintaining a career as a lawyer. She remains a strong friend to the women in her life and speaks openly and honestly when trying to figure out the problems in their lives. Her outlook on life may be cynical but I fell in love with the way her walls came down when she met Steve.

She embodies everything a modern day woman wants to achieve in this world: A working woman who is financially stable, enjoys her job and can go out for cosmopolitans in New York City every weekend. Ah the dream life isn't it?

I love how she handles herself and is definitely a new role model of mine.

Who's your favourite SATC star? Are we both Mirandas? Or are you more of a Carrie?

Let me know in the comments!

Thanks for reading,


Jx

No comments: