Thursday, 26 November 2015

LEAF on Bold Street: Liverpool Life

Hello Lovelies!

Today's post is going to be a bit of review of a place that I love, and that hopefully loves me...

Anyway, I thought I'd share with you a recent experience I had at a cafe not too far from my flat, and hopefully you'll visit there too!

If you read my post at the start of this week, you will know that I have not been well at all, to the point where on Monday I was lay in bed all day, feeling sorry for myself and snotting into a handful of tissues (aren't I a delight?)

But yes, on Tuesday I was feeling a little better, so I decided to meet with a PR friend, Beth and take her around Liverpool for a little catch up treat, as she has only ever seen Concert Square, which is, while impressive, not suitable for 1pm on a Tuesday.

So instead we opted for LEAF a cute, funky cafe/bar which is situated on the bustling Bold Street.

Known for their copious variety of amazing loose leaf teas, LEAF aren't just a cafe, they also sell their teas online and in store *cough* Christmas presents *cough*

Being half English, and being a normal person, I am obsessed with tea. Like I love tea.

When I moved into my flat, I didn't have an iron but I had 5 different kinds of herbal tea - I feel that says a lot about me.


So of course I took my sheltered friend to this place and as soon as we walked in she just said;

"Wow."

And wow is right! LEAF has it's own unique style with long wooden tables downstairs and some beautiful light installations hanging from the ceiling. Its decor is very impressive.

We sat upstairs and ordered with a friendly waitress, who recommended that I try their Ginger root tea with honey and lemon, to help with my nose and throat. Beth ordered peppermint tea and then we both ordered tomato and red pepper soup.

Now my favourite thing about LEAF is definitely the loose leaf tea. Not only does it taste better than a tea bag, but it looks beautiful!


The ginger tea was amazing and helped my throat so much and Beth was impressed with her tea too! 

The honey and lemon were a nice touch and the drink was so refreshing that even looking at it, I'm craving it. 


How cute is this?!

They do lots of different kinds of tea including things like Prickly Pear which is made from cactus blossoms, to Strawberry and Kiwi, for a refreshing summery drink. 

The food was delicious as well, as vegan and gluten-free which is a great way to cater to people who have other dietary requirements! I personally love vegan food and the place is great if that's what you like too! 

I can't wait to go back and try even more of their menu!

Thanks for reading!


Jx


No comments: