Tuesday, 17 November 2015

5 things that make me happy;

Hello Lovelies!

Today's post is about five things in my life that make me ridiculously happy. Some of you might find them tedious or strange, some of you may agree with me and these things might make you happy too!

As some of you may know, I like to enjoy the finer things in life - nice cars, jewellery etc,. but you'll be surprised to know that those things aren't on this list, I'm actually a salt of the earth kinda gal!

So without further ado, I present to you five things that make me happy!

5. Independent Restaurants

Although I love Nandos and Zizzi's more than I care to admit, I still love finding little secluded, romantic places on Yelp and discovering authentic cuisine for a great price!  I am obsessed with atmosphere in restaurants and I would definitely rather indulge in something unique than at a chain restaurant.Liverpool is a great place this, some of my favorites being Villa Romana and Bistro Franc - I can't wait to find my next one!

4. A cup of tea

The most English thing I could say is that I love a cup of tea, in the morning, at night, while writing blog posts...*sips loudly* I really love the stuff! My favourite brand is Tetley, closely followed by PG Tips and Twinings English Breakfast! It can make everything better and warm you up on a cold day, what's not to love?!

3. Singing old songs

A recent addition to the list, I have found that singing old rock songs and a bit of Elton John can make me happy for days on end. Seriously guys, if you're in Liverpool, visit the Jacaranda and leave with a huge smile on your face.

2. A bath 

Token girl thing to say but yeah, I love a good bath. You can relax with a face mask, listen to music, have a glass of wine or five and you're having an amazing pamper session! Fill it with bubbles, oils and different scents and I'll be in there quicker than a bath bomb fizzles apart.

1. Reading a good book

Top of the list, without a doubt is snuggling in my bed or on the sofa with a good book. It's my favourite memory of when my Mom used to come up the stairs and find me reading into the early hours of the morning - much to her disapproval.

My book obsession knows no bounds and if someone recommends me a book, I've either already read it or will start as soon as I can. I'm currently reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert, I'll let you all know how it turns out!

So that's my list of five things that make me happy! What's on your list? Comment below!

Thanks for reading!



Jx





1 comment:

Megan McCoig said...

These are 5 things that all make me happy to. There's nothing like reading a good book with a cup of tea!

Megan X

www.lifewithmcm.com