Sunday, 26 July 2015

What do I want to be when I grow up?

Hello Lovelies!


The question I will be answering today is "What do I want to be when I grow up?" The question which has been pushed on me by adults since I was old enough to hold a pen and answer their question by drawing myself as whatever I wanted to be that week/year/second.

I have wanted to be so many things in my life that I probably couldn't tell you all the careers I've wanted to pursue. The ones that spring to mind are;


  • A lady farmer (I read all the 'Sophie' books) 
  • A lawyer (Legally Blonde style) 
  • An actress 
  • A musical theatre performer
  • A journalist 
  • A Fashion PR practitioner/guru
  • An Author (I share my name with JK Rowling...coincidence? I think not)


There's so many more things but you'd be here all day if I kept going. I've always enjoyed creative occupations so I kept to that area of the job world, and my search for a career that was never boring continued all through sixth form.

I ended up researching PR and loving it - it ticked quite a few boxes for me and still does. I've also always had a thing for writing and journalism, which goes hand in hand with PR in more ways than I had imagined.

Then I've got this old thing - my lovely blog. The fact that people enjoy what I write and the enforcement of the friendly community makes blogging so fun and interesting that this is becoming an increasingly appealing career choice also.

If I'm being honest with you all though, I still don't know exactly what I want to do, and if I had to tick a box and be specific, it couldn't be done. I have many aspirations in my life and I intend to try quite a few 'careers' so I never get bored. Hopefully I will get to!


Thanks for reading,



Jx

I haven't cut my hair, I just pinned it up 

3 comments:

Ira Kharchenko said...

I love the post! Have a nice weekend:)

www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

Lauren Hudson said...

I don't think anyone really knows what they want to be! I'm training to be a lawyer, but who knows where life will take us all!

Lauren xx | The Lifestyle Diaries

Joanna Christofi said...

It's crazy isn't it? I want to be everything!xx