Sunday, 26 July 2015

Things to learn before you move out:

Hello Lovelies!

As I've mentioned in previous blog posts, I will be moving back to Liverpool to continue my studies. I'm really looking forward to moving back to a city where I can focus on studying and enjoy living life as a second year student!

Although there are a few things I've had to learn before I branch out and start a new chapter of living alone, so I thought I'd depart my wisdom onto any of you wonderful first years and people who are moving away from Mum and Dad and start independence.

1.) Remember to sort out your finances. You're paying for everything now so you've gotta make sure you've got enough for food, commuting to uni and paying rent. Don't get caught out at the train station or in the restaurant eating your food without money.

2.) Don't forget to learn how to wash your clothes. You will look gross if you're going out with soy sauce / chocolate/ blood on your shirt (what you do on your own time is your business).

3.) Learn to say no, You can't do everything and you've got to make sacrifices in order to live a life within your means. If your friends want to hang out, suggest coming round to yours and having a night in, it 's cheap and fun too!

4.) Be handy. If something breaks, try to learn how to fix it (unless you could get electrocuted - then hire someone or tell your landlord).

5.) Find hobbies. Living alone, like myself, means you've got a lot of time to kill. Do your uni work, watch TV that you enjoy, read books! Maybe even start something creative, a project maybe?

6.) Get to know your city/town. Walk around and get to grips with where you live. Where to go, where not to go, where's cheap, where isn't. The better you know your city, the safer and more at home you'll feel.

Hopefully this will help you guys with moving away and make preparing for the process as easy as possible!

Thanks for reading!


Jx




No comments: