Friday, 31 July 2015

Student meals: Veggie Curry

Hello Lovelies!


Since being at university, I've been trying to think about how I eat and easy things that I cook while I'm away. Being an ex student, Elliot is an experienced student cooker and has been giving me some of his recipes, starting with his veggie byriani.

Ingredients

2 leek, chunky cut

1 bell pepper

Patak's tikka masala sauce (which can be found at Sainsbury's)

Salt

Pepper

Rice (any kind)

Cheese (optional)


Method: 

1.) Heat up some olive oil in a saucepan. Cut up the leeks and pepper and put them in the saucepan until they brown off. (If you want, you can put in any veggies you like! These were just the ones Elliot and I had in the cupboard.) 



2.) Add the sauce and stir through gently, making sure you cover all the vegetables evenly. 

3.) Add salt and black pepper to taste and let the mixture simmer for about 5-10 minutes. You can use this time to put your rice packets in the microwave. We chose pilau (mine) and mushroom rice (Elliot's). 

4.) After the rice and sauce are both ready, mix them together in bowls. Add cheese, stir through and enjoy! 


(Here's a cute picture of my darling chef Elliot) 

Thanks for reading, 


Jx 

No comments: