Saturday, 4 July 2015

My Summer Job:

Hello Lovelies!

Sorry I haven't written at all lately, been on hiatus for a few months as I'm on break from university and doing nothing has become a bit of a thing. I apologise for my laziness, but sometimes that is essential for a happy life....(lazy person excuse).

However, my lazy butt got itself a job for the rest of the summer at one of the West Midland's most prestigious family days out...the West Midlands Safari Park!

The role I am undertaking is a Commercial Assistant which entails selling WMSP merchandise, such as toys, guidebooks etc,. painting faces (ahh!) and other fun games.

To me, this was a great job to apply for, especially with my degree. I was extremely interested in the selling products and learning how to market for a major business, both assets towards a successful career in the PR field. I also enjoy that the target audience is so broad, and could take me down so many different routes in the leisure industry.

Any university students who are struggling to find work, make sure you follow my rules to ensure you get that job so you don't have to live off the bank of Mum and Dad.


  • Apply for everything, and I mean everything. Literally scrubbing toilets would be acceptable because it's impossible to live without a little pocket. No one is going to judge you for trying to earn some money for yourself! 
  • No job is too small. Go above and beyond for your employer, especially if yo get a test shift. Not only will this make you a desirable candidate, you will also receive personal satisfaction and probably sleep like a baby because you worked so hard. 
  • Babysitting isn't just for teenagers in horror films. Kids are not that bad to deal with, and parents will pay hundreds to ensure their little tykes are well looked after, and boys, you can babysit too.
  • Don't worry if you don't get the first job you applied for. Whatever happens, jump straight back on the horse. Confidence is key and with each rejection, you encourage yourself much more to succeed. 

I will be documenting my work time and anything else exciting that happens to me over the next coming months, including moving back to uni and my birthday!

Thanks for reading,


Jx



No comments: