Tuesday, 28 July 2015

How to get a good night's sleep;

Hello Lovelies!


Now, as a young teenager, sleep was not my friend. I was one of those people who stayed up until 2-3am and woke up at 7am to go to sixth form. It was unhealthy and caused a lot of grief when I was rushing around the house looking for things when I'd overslept - admit it, we've all been there!

I have realised now how important a good night's sleep is and here's some tricks I used so I have a great night's sleep.


1.) Hot drinks

If you're into herbal teas, like me,camomile tea can knock you out! Having one of these in bed will make you drift off into a peaceful sleep in no time. I suggest going to Holland and Barrett and having a good root around their shelves to find the perfect blend for you. My personal favourite is their 'Night time' blend, but there's lots to choose from! However if you're not into herbs, don't fret! I've also heard that a hot chocolate or warm milk will do the trick too!

2.) Get up early

The early bird catches the worm! Getting up early means you make more of the daylight hours and tire yourself out so when it's time for bed you'll be out like a light! This will boost your productivity and you'll feel accomplished everyday.

3.) Go outside

I don't know about you, but fresh air makes me so sleepy! Since working outside is quite a big part of my job description at the safari park, I've been sleeping so much better. So go outside, walk the dog, go for a run, walk into town! Get yourself out in the fresh air and sleep like a baby afterwards!


There's some things I use to make sure I get enough beauty sleep! Hope these tips help and you feel so much more rested! If you've got any more tips for me, don't hesitate to comment below or get in touch!


Thanks for reading!



Jx
photo from indulgy.com

No comments: