Friday, 24 April 2015

Why should I vote?

Hello Lovelies!

I was asked this question by someone when discussing the upcoming election.

Now, I'll be honest, I've never really got into politics until university, because I'm eighteen (finally!) and I can vote for the man/woman who will be running the country as I become a flourishing (awkward) adult.

But this really struck a chord with me; "Why should I vote? It doesn't matter." a friend of mine said to me over dinner one night. She shall remain nameless, but what she said really resonated with me.

Why shouldn't you vote?

We are exceptionally lucky to live in a democratic society where we can vote! Women were chaining themselves to rails and throwing themselves under horses to make sure that women could have a chance to vote for their futures and you're going to sit there and tell me it doesn't matter?  No my friend, it does.

Now, let's address the  main parties we could vote for;

Labour - Big Party, Ed Milliband doesn't actually seem that bad. Bless him.
Conservative - David Cameron, been running the country for a bit, doesn't really answer questions.
UKIP - Lord give me strength.
Liberal Democrats - Bless these as well. They really need to get rid of Nick Clegg.
Green - Lady Leader! The one every teenager votes for.

Can I also comment on the amount of women on the debates recently? Fair play girls! Sisters doing it for themselves!

The problem with politics these days though is that it's hard to get your own view with the amount of political bias in newspapers and on-line. Even my opinion is biased to my beliefs and what I want to see in the political future.

So, my advice, is watch the debates! Choose for yourself who you want to vote for!

Even if the party you want doesn't win! There's still gonna be seats filled!

Do it kids!

See you soon,


Jx








No comments: